Remove this ad

regioaspire

Advanced Member

Lead

Jan 30 10 10:59 PM

Tags : :

hello every one i have a little problem and hope someone can help me solve it, i have a manual trans and the shift bar sometimes falls, i checked and there is like a rubber seal that holds the bar and looks kind of worn out, also the bar moves a lot if i have it in neutral or in a gear it just plays or moves around a lot. when it falls i just pull up really hard and it kind of pops and its good. tanks

REGIO~ASPIRE

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

nerd racing

Grand Master Member

#1 [url]

Jan 31 10 1:05 AM

the rubber pad you see is what holds it up. you can put a screw through the assembly to hold it, but you will need to pull the shifter assembly and support bar out to do that.

the slop you mention comes from worn out bushings, if you check in the repair section there should be a sticky on where to find those.

"In a perfect world all the geeks get the girls"

1995 Ford Aspire 3 Door Black, (B8 F-series)---> RIP
1997 Ford Aspire 3 Door Teal ---> Sold '08
1996 Ford Aspire 5 door Green ---> Parted wouldn't hold her oil
1994 Ford Aspire 3 door Red ---> Former BP, V6 Swapped... Rusted Out...
1995 Ford Aspire 5 Door Blurple --> Sold '11 No Room...

1989 Ford Festiva L 4 Speed Carby Model --> Soon to be an Abomination!
1990 AWD 5 Speed Mazda Protege Black -->(BP GTX Trans) Daily Driver/Donor Waiting to Happen... Soon to be BP+T

Facebook Me!

Quote    Reply   

regioaspire

Advanced Member

#2 [url]

Feb 9 10 11:46 AM

srry i never replyed, i thought i had but then i was checking again to see the advice you gave me to hold the bar up and noticed that i never reply. anyways thanks for the advice man will do it when i get the bushings (which is pretty soon)to do everything at the same time. do you think that if i buy a short shifter (from i civic i think)it will come with the bushings?

REGIO~ASPIRE

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help